Shiroabhyanga (Indian Head Massage)
Ayurvedic (Indian) head massage (shiroabhyanga), is a specialized therapy focusing on vital points (Marma) of the head, neck, and shoulders. The head massage induces a state of calm, peace, and tranquility, promoting high levels of alertness and concentration.
During the procedure, Ayurvedic herbal oil (selected according to your dosha) will be soothingly poured on your head. After this, oil is applied to the head, neck, shoulders, and upper back, using a variety of strokes.
Benefits of Shiroabhyangam:
- De-stress the whole body;
- Increase the flow of cerebrospinal fluids, strengthening the nervous system;
- Disperse of toxins from tense and knotted muscles by improving blood circulation and oxygenating the brain;
- Helpful against eyestrain, tinitus, jaw ache, sinusitis, migraine, depression, insomnia, and recurrent headaches;
- Stimulates lymphatic drainage;
- Aids with sleep;
- Nourishes hair roots, helping hair fall and baldness; and
- Relaxes neck,shoulder and upper back muscles.
3/4 hr: $95
Recommended for hair loss, greying, relaxing the nervous system, neck and shoulders.
3/4 hr: $95