Ayurvedic Winter Cooking Class 16/7/17
Ahh. Take a slow, deep breath… Winter is here.
Winter is associated with the qualities of ‘Vata’, which are cold, windy, dry and light. To stay balanced, it is important to focus on foods and activities that are warm, moist, and heavy with a supportive winter diet aimed at pacifying Vata. Health is the most valuable thing you have and home cooked meals made from real wholesome foods are undoubtedly the key to optimal health. As per Ayurveda, “When the diet is wrong, then medicine is of no use. When the diet is correct, then medicine is of no need.” The cooking skills used in these classes have been passed down from generation to generation. Unfortunately, this trend has been broken over time and now millions of people lack the most basic of these skills.
Learn in a most fun, interactive and informative way the fundamentals of Healthy Cooking – the Ayurvedic way!
This one day workshop will be run by Dr. Shivani (Ayurvedic Doctor) and Prashant Verma (Adv. Dip. in commercial cookery). It includes an Ayurvedic Winter lifestyle & food seminar, hands on cooking and demonstration, a delicious home cooked ayurvedic winter meal that is eaten during the class, a recipe folder, and practical health tips and insights.
There are 7 Ayurvedic Winter Recipes included and cooked in this workshop – 2 Breakfast Recipes, 2 Lunch Recipes, 2 Dinner Recipes and 1 Dessert Recipe.
DATE: Sunday, 16 July 2017
VENUE: Anahata Therapies, 17 Myahgah Rd, Mosman NSW 2088
BOOKINGS: Places are limited to 10 participants so bookings are essential. Book your place now to avoid disappointment.
Tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to a friend or family member to attend in your place.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US FOR A WINTER AYURVEDIC COOKING CLASS?
1. It is the ONLY holistic healthy eating and cooking approach that considers eating according to your body type and the appropriate season.
2. The Ayurvedic way of cooking is a preventative approach against winter illnesses such as colds, flu, and allergies by optimising healing & boosting energy levels rapidly.
3. Ayurveda teaches us how to prepare all types of food that is suitable in winter for optimal digestion and absorption.
4. Ayurvedic Cooking and Nutrition emphasises ideal food combining and explains about incompatible foods.
5. This holistic way of cooking introduces you to different spices & herbs and how to reap their benefits in the different seasons.
6. Ayurvedic Cooking and Nutrition does not compromise taste or flavour.
5 hrs (10am - 3pm) - $250
Join Dr Shivani and Prashant Verma on Sunday, 16 July, 2017 for our brand NEW Ayurvedic cooking class.
5 hrs (10am - 3pm) - $250